Please note that for the time being the appointment booking system is not adaptable to smartphones. Please book through a regular computer.
Generally all applicants for visas must book an appointment through the Online Appointment system of the German Embassy (i.e. short term Schengen visas for business purposes, visits, holidays or honouring official or private invitations as well as long stay visas for family reunion, studying, research, employment, re-entry, au pair, etc.).
From 15. June 2016, the following persons are exempted from booking an appointment for Schengen-Visa:
- Frequent travellers; these are people who have had two (2) Schengen visas within the last three (3) years or one (1) Schengen visa with a minimum validity of one (1) year within the last three (3) years, or one (1) Schengen and one (1) visa from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia or New Zealand in the last three (3) years
- Travellers with an invitation from the German Government, GIZ, KfW, DAAD and German political foundations
- Diplomatic and service passport holders
- Travellers on behalf of the Ghanaian/Liberian/Sierra Leonean government (note verbale of the respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Travellers for urgent medical treatment
- Spouses of EU nationals and parents of minor EU nationals (for visits)
- Delegates and participants of UN conferences and events in Germany
- Employees of German companies both registered in Germany and Ghana travelling on official business
These applicants can present themselves personally from Mondays to Thursdays before 10.00 am at the Visa Section, in order to apply for a visa.
This option is not viable for groups of five or more persons. In this case the Embassy kindly asks to either book a group appointment for Fridays or to split the group and apply individually.
Please read the following information carefully BEFORE booking an appointment:
Single appointments can be booked for Mondays to Thursdays. Group appointments for short term visa for a group of 5 or more can only be booked for Fridays. Groups should appoint one member to coordinate the booking of the appointments.
Each applicant needs an appointment of his/her own.
Visa appointments can only be booked by the online appointment system and not by phone or by email.
Booking an appointment is FREE OF CHARGE. The Embassy does not encourage bookings to be made through agencies or any other third party offering their services against payment of a fee. You will be held responsible for any misuse in your name. If the booking system is misused, the applicant will be blocked. No further bookings will be possible!
Admission to the visa section of the German Embassy in order to submit an application is only possible on presentation of a printout of a valid appointment booking confirmation and a complete application.
Latecomers will not be admitted! Incomplete applications will not be processed!
The applicant's passport number is a mandatory field. No passport number - no admission! In these cases, a new booking has to be made.
Please cancel your appointment if you cannot make it. The confirmation e-mail provides a cancellation link.