All required documents need to be submitted at the personal interview in 1 copy including the application form. Please do not staple the photocopies. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
The following documents have to be submitted as indicated below:
completely filled out in English or German, signed by the applicant himself
|2.||Visa fee||75,00 Euro,|
Payable only in cash in GHS at the current exchange rate of the Embassy
|3.||1 biometric photograph|
- not older than 6 months
- uniform white background
- size: 3.5x4,5 cm
- not glued or stapled to the application form
The following documents must be submitted in original and with one set of copies in DIN A4 format. Please do NOT staple the documents!
- Original passport + copy of data page
- valid for at least 6 more months and at least two free pages
|5.||Birth certificate||based on first registration|
|6.||School leaving certificates||WAEC-certificates: BECE and WASSCE|
|7.||Curriculum vitae (CV)|
Including the following points:
- specification of the certificates, diplomas and qualifications obtained
- professional training
|8.||Letter of motivation|
- signed by the applicant
- detailed expectations of planned stay,anticipated career and personal benefits as well as future plans
|9.||Proof of Qualifications|
1. For jobseeker (ONLY with a university degree or vocational training recognized in Germany)
a) Academic professionals have to submit:
- a German university degree or
- a recognized foreign university degree; wether the degree is recoginzed has to be checked at ANABIN database http://anabin.kmk.org
a printout confirming the recognition needs to be handed in
If the qualification is not assessed as “entspricht” (comparable) or “gleichwertig” (equivalent) and/or the institution is not classified as “H+”, you will first have to apply for a Statement of Comparability with the Central Office for Foreign Education before applying for a visa. Further information can be found here: https://www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertung.html
- Proof of German language proficiency if necessary for the intended profession
b) Skilled workers have to submit:
- a German vocational/professional qualification or
- a proof of holding a foreign vocational/professional qualification recognized by the competent German authority as equivalent to a German qualification (further Information at: https://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/html/en/skilled-workers.php)
- in the case of regulated professions, for example doctors or engineers, a permission to exercise the profession issued by the authority responsible for recognising qualifications or assurance of permission to exercise a profession is additionally required
- Proof of German language skills (B1 level certificate of the Goethe Institute; further information at: www.goethe.de)
2. For search for vocational training place
- School leaving certificate that entitles you to enter higher education.
- Proof of German language skills (B2) in the form of a recognised language diploma.
You can enter Germany to look for a vocational training place only if you are younger than 25 years old.
|10.||Proof of adequate financial means|
a) in the form of a blocked account
With an amount of minimum 1027 Euro for each month.
Open the blocked account in good time BEFORE you apply for a visa. When applying for a visa, only the official confirmation of the opening of the account including information on the amount paid in and the amount available per month will be accepted. A confirmation which does not include this information is not sufficient. Proof of lodgement or transfer of funds without the aforementioned confirmation from the bank is not sufficient.
b) in the form of a formal obligation
(“Verpflichtungserklärung”) according to Sec. 66 to 68 of the German Residence Act covering the entire duration of stay, signed by a person living in Germany at the local competent office in Germany.
The formal obligation can only be accepted as an adequate proof of finance with the remark “nachgewiesen.” (The financial capability of the sponsor has been verified).
|11.||Proof of recent job/vocational training place search in Germany||e.g. email correspondence regarding applications, job offers, agency enquiries, etc.|
- Incoming-health insurance valid from the day of entering Germany until the work contract starts
- A travel health insurance is not sufficient!
|13.||Residence permit for Ghana, if applicable||- as proof of a legal residence status in Ghana|
- only for applicants with a nationality other than Ghanaian, Liberian or Sierra Leonean
|14.||Proof of previous or current academic studies|
a) workers with University degree
- a German university degree
- a foreign university degree
- a Higher National Diploma
either with transcipts
b) workers with vocational training:
- German vocational qualification
- foreign professional qualification
|15.||Proof of previous work experience|
- work contract
- statement of employer- salary slips
German language certificate, if applicable
if necessary for the employment in Germany
The embassy must involve the competent authority in Germany in the visa procedure. Depending on previous stays, the answer may take some time. Therefore, apply for the visa in good time. We ask for your understanding that inquiries about the status of the application cannot be answered within the first 4 weeks of the application.
All above information is without guarantee for correctness and completeness. They are based on the information available to the embassy at the time of creation.