Family reunion to a spouse


This means that you are married to a person living in Germany and would like to move in with this person.

The following documents must be submitted as described:

1.two visa VIDEX application forms, completely filled out and signed
2.Original passport of the applicant plus 2 copies
3.three passport pictures of the applicant – white background
4.visa fee of 75,00 Euros, payable in Ghana Cedis (applications of persons who are married to a German or EU-citizen are free of charge)
5.one passport picture of the reference person living in Germany
6.complete passport copy of reference person in Germany (all pages, including data page)
7.copy of residence permit of reference person in Germany, if applicable

The following documents must be submitted in the original with two copies

8.Birth certificate - based on FIRST registration!
9.all WAEC-Certificates (BECE/WASSCE with date of birth!)
10.marriage certificate, including registrar’s certificate. In case of church wedding, additionally Ghana Gazette as proof of licence for the celebration of marriages.
11.recently issued (within the past six months) proof of address in Germany of reference person (“Meldebescheinigung”)
12.Proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language by presenting an A-1 level certificate of the Goethe Institute
13.Ghanaian, German or foreign certificate(s) of divorce with legal note of validity

in case of previous deportation from Germany: written proof of authorisation to re-enter Germany issued by the competent immigration office in Germany

15.evidence of former residence/stay in Germany (e.g. old passport, visa, Emergency Travel Certificate), if applicable

The required documents must all be submitted in full at the personal interview. Documents sent in advance cannot be considered for capacity reasons.

Excemptions from providing German A1 language certificates can be found here.

It is not possible to process incomplete applications. If incomplete applications are submitted, the visa application will be denied.

The processing time is several months. The visa cannot be issued without the consent of the competent immigration authority.

For this reason, we ask you to refrain from inquiring about the status of your application.

Top of page