Family reunion to a German child


This means that you are the mother or father of a German child and want to move to Germany with this child.

The following documents must be submitted as described:

1.two visa VIDEX application forms, completely filled out and signed
2.Original passport of the applicant plus 2 copies
3.three passport pictures of the applicant – white background
4.visa fee of 37,50 Euros, payable in Ghana Cedis (applications of persons who travel to an EU-citizen are free of charge)
5.passport pictures of the child and the other parent
6.passport copy of the child
7.copy of residence permit of the parent in Germany, if applicable

The following documents must be submitted in the original with two copies

8.Birth certificate - based on FIRST registration!
9.all WAEC-Certificates (BECE/WASSCE with date of birth!)
10.Birth certificate of the German child
11.recently issued (within the past six months) proof of address in Germany of reference person/German child (“Meldebescheinigung”)
12.marriage certificate, if married
13.recognition of paternity, if not married to the mother of the child

declaration of joint custody, if not married to the mother of the child

15.divorce certificate, if applicable
16.in case of previous deportation from Germany: written proof of authorisation to re-enter Germany issued by the competent immigration office in Germany
17.evidence of former residence/stay in Germany (e.g. old passport, visa, Emergency Travel Certificate), if applicable

The required documents must all be submitted in full at the personal interview. Documents sent in advance cannot be considered for capacity reasons.

It is not possible to process incomplete applications. If incomplete applications are submitted, the visa application will be denied.

The processing time is several months. The visa cannot be issued without the consent of the competent immigration authority.

For this reason, we ask you to refrain from inquiring about the status of your application.

Top of page