All required documents need to be submitted at the personal interview in 1 copy including the application form. Please do not staple the photocopies. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
The following documents have to be submitted as indicated below:
completely filled out in English or German, signed by the applicant himself
|2.||Visa fee||75,00 Euro,|
Payable only in cash in GHS at the current exchange rate of the Embassy
|3.||1 biometric photograph|
- not older than 6 months
- uniform white background
- size: 3.5x4,5 cm
- not glued or stapled to the application form
The following documents must be submitted in original and with one set of copies in DIN A4 format. Please do NOT staple the documents!
- Original passport + copy of data page
- valid for at least 6 more months and at least two free pages
|5.||Birth certificate||based on first registration|
|6.||School leaving certificates||WAEC-certificates: BECE and WASSCE|
|7.||Curriculum vitae (CV)|
Including the following points:
- specification of the certificates, diplomas and qualifications obtained
- professional training
|8.||Letter of motivation|
- signed by the applicant
- detailed expectations of planned stay, anticipated career and personal benefits as well as future plans
|9.||Proof of enrolment in an intensive language course|
- at least 18 lessons per week (evening and weekend courses do not meet these requirements)
- the fees for the course have to be paid already
|10.||Proof of previous level of German language skills, if applicable.|
- certificate of attendance at language institute,
- language certificates acquired so far
|11.||Proof of adequate financial means|
a) in the form of a blocked account
With an amount of minimum 11208,00 Euro for the first year
Open the blocked account in good time BEFORE you apply for a visa. When applying for a visa, only the official confirmation of the opening of the account including information on the amount paid in and the amount available per month will be accepted. A confirmation which does not include this information is not sufficient. Proof of lodgement or transfer of funds without the aforementioned confirmation from the bank is not sufficient.
b) in the form of a formal obligation
(“Verpflichtungserklärung”) according to Sec. 66 to 68 of the German Residence Act covering the entire duration of stay, signed by a person living in Germany at the local competent office in Germany.
The formal obligation can only be accepted as an adequate proof of finance with the remark “nachgewiesen.” (The financial capability of the sponsor has been verified).
- Incoming health insurance from entry to enrollment
- Proof of national/statutory health insurance starting from enrollment
- A travel health insurance is not sufficient!
|13.||Residence permit for Ghana, if applicable||- as proof of a legal residence status in Ghana|
- only for applicants with a nationality other than Ghanaian, Liberian or Sierra Leonean
|14.||Proof of previous or current academic studies, if applicable|
e.g. Higher National Diploma/Universitydegree with transcripts, professional training
|15.||Proof of work experience, if applicable|
- work contract
- statement of employer- salary slips
The embassy must involve the competent authority in Germany in the visa procedure. Depending on previous stays, the answer may take some time. Therefore, apply for the visa in good time. We ask for your understanding that inquiries about the status of the application cannot be answered within the first 12 weeks of the application.
All above information is without guarantee for correctness and completeness. They are based on the information available to the embassy at the time of creation.