The following documents have to be submitted as indicated below:
completely filled out in English or German, signed by the applicant himself
|2.||Visa fee||75,00 Euro,|
Payable only in cash in GHS at the current exchange rate of the Embassy
|3.||1 biometric photograph|
- not older than 6 months
- uniform white background
- size: 3.5x4,5 cm
- not glued or stapled to the application form
|4.||Declaration of employment|
- completely filled out including signature and stamp of the employer in Germany
The following documents must be submitted in original and with one set of copies in DIN A4 format. Please do NOT staple the documents!
- Original passport + copy of data page
- valid for at least 6 more months and at least two free pages
|6.||Birth certificate||based on first registration|
|7.||School leaving certificates||WAEC-certificates: BECE and WASSCE|
|8.||Curriculum vitae (CV)|
Including the following points:
- specification of the certificates, diplomas and qualifications obtained
- professional training
|9.||Proof of Employment in Germany|
Employment contract or binding job offer in your field of qualification containing:
- the time frame of the contract
- a detailed job description
- the gross annual salary
- working hours
- annual holidays
- place of work
There is a minimum salary requirement for the EU Blue Card, which is set once a year by the Federal Ministry of the Interior.
In 2023, the minimum gross annual salary requirements are:
• 41,041.80 € for scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors and IT specialists (so-called STEM occupations) and
• 45,300 € for all other occupations.
Proof of Qualifications
a) Professionals with an academic background
- a German university degree or
- a recognized foreign university degree; whether the degree is recognized has to be checked at ANABIN database http://anabin.kmk.org
A printout confirming the recognition needs to be handed in.
If the qualification is not assessed as “entspricht” (comparable) or “gleichwertig” (equivalent) and/or the institution is not classified as “H+”, you will first have to apply for a Statement of Comparability with the Central Office for Foreign Education before applying for a visa. Further information can be found here: https://www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertung.html
b) Professionals with a tertiary educational qualification
- Degree must be equivalent to a university degree
- at least 3 years of training
- Level of education at least level 6 ISCED 2011
In order for a tertiary educational qualification to be recognized in the visa procedure, a decision must be issued by the competent recognition body.
Further information can be found here: www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de
c) IT specialists without a formal educational qualification
- Proof of professional experience:
> which corresponds to an academic level,
> has been acquired in at least three of the last seven years
> and is required for employment
- Incoming-health insurance valid from the day of entering Germany until the work contract starts
- A travel health insurance is not sufficient!
|12.||Residence permit for Ghana, if applicable||- as proof of a legal residence status in Ghana|
- only for applicants with a nationality other than Ghanaian, Liberian or Sierra Leonean
|13.||Permission to exercise the profession, if applicable|
In the case of regulated professions, for example doctors or engineers, a permission to exercise the profession issued by the authority responsible for recognising qualifications or assurance of permission to exercise a profession
More information on recognition:
|14.||German language certificate, if applicable|
if necessary for the employment in Germany
|15.||Proof of adequate provision for old age, if applicable||- from the age of 45 years|
- only if salary does not amount to at least 55% of the annual contribution assessment ceiling for the general pension insurance scheme – 2023: 48,180 € gross/per annum
The embassy must involve the competent authority in Germany in the visa procedure. Depending on previous stays, the answer may take some time. Therefore, apply for the visa in good time. We ask for your understanding that inquiries about the status of the application cannot be answered within the first 4 weeks of the application.
All above information is without guarantee for correctness and completeness. They are based on the information available to the embassy at the time of creation.