All required documents need to be submitted at the personal interview in 1 copy including the application form. Please do not staple the photocopies. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
The following documents have to be submitted as indicated below:
completely filled out in English or German, signed by the applicant himself
|2.||Visa fee||75,00 Euro,|
Payable only in cash in GHS at the current exchange rate of the Embassy
|3.||1 biometric photograph|
- not older than 6 months
- uniform white background
- size: 3.5x4,5 cm
- not glued or stapled to the application form
The following documents must be submitted in original and with one set of copies in DIN A4 format. Please do NOT staple the documents!
- Original passport + copy of data page
- valid for at least 6 more months and at least two free pages
|5.||Birth certificate||based on first registration|
|6.||School leaving certificates||WAEC-certificates: BECE and WASSCE|
|7.||Curriculum vitae (CV)|
Including the following points:
- specification of the certificates, diplomas and qualifications obtained
- professional training
|8.||Letter of motivation|
- signed by the applicant
- detailed expectations of planned stay,anticipated career and personal benefits as well as future plans
|9.||Contract/Arrangement on your voluntary service in Germany|
a) Federal Voluntary Service (BFD):
Your contract must be signed by you, the Federal Office of Family Affairs and Civil Society Functions (BAFzA) as well as the placement department, headquarters and, where applicable, by the institution implementing the voluntary service.
b) Voluntary Social Year (FSJ)/Voluntary Ecological Year (FOJ):
Your contract must be signed by you and the respective institution, as well as, where applicable, the placement department.
c) European Voluntary Service (EVS):
- Your contract must be signed by the National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action and the coordinating organisation.
- The Volunteer Arrangement in which the tasks and planned participant achievements are described must be signed by the coordinating organisation and the volunteer.
Proof of previous or current academic studies, if applicable
a) applicants with University degree
- a German university degree
- a foreign university degree
- a Higher National Diploma
either with transcipts
b) applicants with vocational training:
- German vocational qualification
- foreign professional qualification
|11.||Proof of previous work experience, if applicable|
- work contract
- statement of employer- salary slips
|12.||Proof of adequate financial means|
As a rule, the sponsoring organisation covers accommodation and food costs. If the contract or other confirmation provided by the respective department does not provide information on your accommodation and meals, please provide additional proof that you can support yourself.
|13.||Proof of German language skills (only for BFD/FSJ/FÖJ)|
- at A1 level
- in the form of a recognised language diploma (e. g. of the Goethe
Institute; further information at: www.goethe.de)
- or confirmation by the place of assignment
that basic knowledge of the German language is not required/will be acquired upon arrival in
- Incoming-health insurance valid from the day of entering Germany until the work contract starts
- A travel health insurance is not sufficient!
|15.||Residence permit for Ghana, if applicable||- as proof of a legal residence status in Ghana|
- only for applicants with a nationality other than Ghanaian, Liberian or Sierra Leonean
The embassy must involve the competent authority in Germany in the visa procedure. Depending on previous stays, the answer may take some time. Therefore, apply for the visa in good time. We ask for your understanding that inquiries about the status of the application cannot be answered within the first 4 weeks of the application.
All above information is without guarantee for correctness and completeness. They are based on the information available to the embassy at the time of creation.