All required documents need to be submitted at the personal interview in 1 copy including the application form. Please do not staple the photocopies. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
The following documents have to be submitted as indicated below:
completely filled out in English or German, signed by the applicant himself
|2.||Visa fee||75,00 Euro,|
Payable only in cash in GHS at the current exchange rate of the Embassy
|3.||1 biometric photograph|
- not older than 6 months
- uniform white background
- size: 3.5x4,5 cm
- not glued or stapled to the application form
The following documents must be submitted in original and with one set of copies in DIN A4 format. Please do NOT staple the documents!
- Original passport + copy of data page
- valid for at least 6 more months and at least two free pages
|5.||Birth certificate||based on first registration|
|6.||School leaving certificates||WAEC-certificates: BECE and WASSCE|
|7.||Curriculum vitae (CV)|
Including the following points:
- specification of the certificates, diplomas and qualifications obtained
- professional training
-filled out and signed by the hosting institution in Germany
Proof of Qualifications
- a German university degree or
- a recognized foreign university degree; whether the degree is recognized has to be checked at ANABIN database http://anabin.kmk.org
> at least master degree
A printout confirming the recognition needs to be handed in.
If the qualification is not assessed as “entspricht” (comparable) or “gleichwertig” (equivalent) and/or the institution is not classified as “H+”, you will first have to apply for a Statement of Comparability with the Central Office for Foreign Education before applying for a visa. Further information can be found here: https://www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertung.html
- Incoming-health insurance valid from the day of entering Germany until the work contract starts
- A travel health insurance is not sufficient!
|11.||Residence permit for Ghana, if applicable||- as proof of a legal residence status in Ghana|
- only for applicants with a nationality other than Ghanaian, Liberian or Sierra Leonean
|12.||Written commitment from the research institute, if applicable|
- to cover costs emerging for public agencies up to six months after the end of the admission agreement
- this is not required if the work of the research institute is primarily public funded or if there is a specific public interest
The embassy must involve the competent authority in Germany in the visa procedure. Depending on previous stays, the answer may take some time. Therefore, apply for the visa in good time. We ask for your understanding that inquiries about the status of the application cannot be answered within the first 4 weeks of the application.
All above information is without guarantee for correctness and completeness. They are based on the information available to the embassy at the time of creation.