If you intend to stay in Germany for more than 90 days, you have to apply for a national visa (long stay). This type of visa has to be applied for if you want to join a family member living in Germany or if you are interested to study or work in Germany.
Please note that the German Embassy requires all applicants to schedule an appointment in order to apply for a visa. Appointments have to be booked via the free online appointment system
According to Art. 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (also known as: General Data Protection Regulation), information about the collection of personal information must be provided to visa applicants. To learn more about this topic, please read the Data Protection Information Sheet.
The German Embassy in Accra accepts visa applications from nationals and residents of GHANA, LIBERIA and SIERRA LEONE.
Preparing your application
- Family Reunion Visa Application
- Student Visa Application
- Au-Pair & Voluntary Service Visa Application
- EU Blue Card Entry Visa Application
- Employment Visa Application
- Jobseeker Visa Application
- Research Visa Application
- Scientific Research Visa Application
- Further Visa Information
- Application Form: National Visa (long term)
- Book an Interview Appointment