Applying for a National Visa (Long Term)


If you intend to stay in Germany for more than 90 days, you have to apply for a national visa (long stay). This type of visa has to be applied for if you want to join a family member living in Germany or if you are interested to study or work in Germany.

Nationales Visum
Nationales Visum© dpa

Please note that the German Embassy requires all applicants to schedule an appointment in order to apply for a visa. Appointments have to be booked via the free online appointment system

According to Art. 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (also known as: General Data Protection Regulation), information about the collection of personal information must be provided to visa applicants. To learn more about this topic, please read the Data Protection Information Sheet.

The German Embassy in Accra accepts visa applications from nationals and residents of GHANA, LIBERIA and SIERRA LEONE.

Preparing your application

Top of page